Professional Cleaning Services in Clapham, London.
Carpets are the precious part of every home decor. No matter whatever fabric they are manufactured from, they always add a beauty and stylish quotient to your overall home decor.
However, carpets tend to absorb stains, dirt particles, allergens over the years, if they are left uncleaned. To get them treated, you should know a few common carpet stains and their removal process before handing over the task to carpet cleaning service in Clapham.
Here are few type of stains discussed below to give you a better overview about common carpet stains removal:
Tar Stains –
The tar stain in carpet is not small type. Before booking with carpet cleaning services in Clapham, you can try a few techniques that may help:
1. Get a dry cleaning kit – which uses a non-flammable dry cleaning fluid.
2. Then, dab a cotton ball soaked in the fluid and use it on the stained area.
3. When a ball becomes dirty, replace it with a clean one to prevent reapplication of tar.
4. Dab the affected area continuously until the removal of stains.
5. If it doesn’t work, apply a solvent based cleaner with a firm pressure to lift the tar stain.
6. If again it doesn’t work, you can try a heavy duty disinfectant – that will break down grease and stain.
7. If you find stains again, you can buy a tar and bug remover – which is designed specifically for cars.
Fresh Paint Stains –
When your carpet receives a spill of paint, it’s important to act quickly. Otherwise, it will be nearly impossible to get rid of them when they are dried and you will have to take the help of Professional Cleaning Services in Clapham.
1. First, use an absorbent material like towel or sponge to soak up paint mark immediately.
2. Make sure the no more paint marks are transferred to the absorbent material. You can use a tamping brush to blot up the stain.
3. Use a small amount of stain remover onto the affected area and spray water. Start blotting with a sponge to lift the stain out of the carpet.
4. If you find latex paint, water will dilute the paint and get it out of the fibre easily.
5. Don’t use paint thinner – which may lead to discolouration or damage the floor beneath.
6. Pour water and stain remover into the reservoir of the machine and apply it on the carpet.
7. Leave the carpet to become dry.
Vegetable Oil Stains –
1. Don’t let the stain sit on the carpet. So, act fast.
2. Take an absorbent dry cloth to blot up the oil stain without rubbing or pressing too hard. Otherwise, the oil will go deeper into the fabric.
3. Sprinkle powdered cornstarch onto the affected area to absorb the oil.
4. After that, remove cornstarch by using a vacuum cleaner.
5. Take a look at the spot and see whether there’s any residue left.
6. Clean the stained area with fresh water and dish-washing detergent.
High Traffic Stains –
1. Remove the stain-causing material with paper towels. It may include blotting up a liquid spill or picking up solid wastes.
2. Dampen a clean cloth with water and blot the area gently. Don’t rub, blot it to prevent the stain going deep into the carpet fibres. If you’re fortunate enough, the stain may go away with a few repeats of cleaning.
3. Prepare a solution of water and mild dishwashing detergent for the removal of stains in a safe way.
4. Soak a clean cloth in water and blot the stain gently. If one part of the cloth is dirty, switch to the other. Don’t apply so much pressure otherwise, it will make a hole. Keep continuing the process until the stain is removed.
5. Use a commercial stain removal and dab the stained area with a clean cloth until the stain is gone.
6. Remove the cleaning solution with a dry, clean cloth. Use paper towels and water to wash the area. Make sure there’s not any soap or solution residue left behind.
7. Let the carpet dry completely before allowing anyone to walk on it.
Carpet cleaning and maintenance isn’t your main priority. And really you don’t want to be bothered about it. Book carpet cleaning services in Clapham through Glory Clean and rest assured all the carpet stains will be removed.
For immediate availability of our carpet cleaning service in Clapham, please visit our website at https://www.gloryclean.co.uk and book an appointment right now.